Sydney is a wonderful tourist destination since there are so many interesting activities that are available for anyone that wants to try something special. Shark diving is one of the opportunities less considered in Sydney but an option that you will want to consider in the event that you want something that is adrenaline filled. Here are 2 options that you will appreciate, one for those that do not necessarily want to dive and one for those that want to experience an encounter with the predator at close distances.
Snorkeling With Sharks – Sea Life Sydney Aquarium
You can come up close with the amazing creatures at SEA Life Aquarium. You would swim in an enclosure that is safe and surrounded by see-through features. This allows you to see many tropical fish, sawfish and reef sharks. There is no need to have snorkeling experience since this is an adventure that is open for everyone that can swim, an underwater experience that is quite fascinating. All the instructions and gear needed will be offered. You just need a towel, a wish to have some fun and a swimsuit.
- Snorkeling in see through enclosures right in a Giant Barrier Reef water tank
- Sharks cruise near you but not in the same enclosure
- The experience takes 1.5 hours
- Friends that come to see you enjoy snorkeling get a discount of up to 20%
- The necessary equipment is offered
- Underwater training – 20 minutes – included
Shark Diving Xtreme
You can easily enjoy this tour if you want to be faced with turtles, stingrays and huge sharks. All that you have to do is go through the offered training and then enjoy a lot of exciting as you swim right next to these creatures that are so misunderstood and highly feared.
- One of the best shark diving experiences in the world
- Get to see turtles, stingrays and Grey Nurse Sharks
- Training and awareness course of half an hour included
- You can choose out of different shark diving options based on your skill level from first time shark diving to certified shark diving
- All the equipment that you need is provided for you
You will only be able to take part in the certified shark dive if you are certified. If you are not, we recommend that you consider the night dive. It is available from December to February. It is an experience that lasts 2 and a half hours, together with a half an hour Shark Harbor tank session. The night dive is great since it offers something different. You should not worry about visibility since you will see everything you want to see.