Best Food Tours In Athens
Greece is renowned for its cuisine so it should come as no surprise to notice the fact that there are some pretty interesting food tours that are available in Athens. You can so easily enjoy wonderful dishes when you are a part of such a tour but choosing one may be a little difficult. Because of this, let us consider some you will surely enjoy.
Athens Small Group Food Tour
Visit the history filled capital streets while experiencing the Greek cuisine. You can savor various different local delicacies like syrupy loukoumades, pastourma, bougatsa, rusks and olives and others. Various spices and herbs that are traditional can be enjoyed as you visit some pretty interesting food markets in the Greek capital and you will definitely appreciate that only up to 14 people can join on this tour.
- a walking food tour taking you across various Athens streets
- get to experience many delicacies
- learn a lot about Greek cuisine heritage
- experience the highly vibrant Greek food markets
- the tour is fully guided by a highly experienced local guide that talks in English-speaking
- go to different specialty food shops
Food And Markets Athens Tour
This is a walking food tour that lasts three hours. An expert guide is going to come with you, together with a food journalist and an experienced local chef. The tour takes you to the central city market, Varvakios Agora and various other streets that feature some smaller food merchants and markets. Various authentic specialties will be available from local wine, bread and cheese to olive oil, garlic and herbs. At the end of the tour, all the tastings that are offered will sum up to one full meal so be sure that you do come hungry.
- the tour lasts 3 hours
- visit many homeware stores
- experience Varvakios Agora market and more
- taste selections of various local delicacies and cheeses
The meeting for this tour will take place close to Monastiraki station, which is located in the middle of the city. Then, you go on foot, starting the tour and visiting so many of the foodie areas loved by tourists and locals alike.
Athens Gourmet Private Food Walking Tour
If you are looking for a Greek cuisine experience that is truly special and private, this is the tour to consider. The tour takes around 4 hours and you can actually start the tour whenever you want to. The private guide will take you to various locations, like the Varvakios Agora central market, the Monastiraki Square and allow you to sample so much fine street food. Authentic specialties like koulouria and Greek donuts will be available for you.
- a private guide will be with you for the entirety of the 4 hours food walking tour
- visit Varvakios Agora
- try Greek coffee – traditional brew recipe
- visit various specialty food stores
- enjoy complete attention from your private guide
The guide will be met in the Montastiraki Square and while you move from one destination to the next, you will learn so much about Greek cuisine and dishes you would love to actually try at home. Foods can be tasted and you can take photos.