Orlando Travel Guide for Budget Travelers – Tips for Traveling with Kids
Orlando is arguably the best place to visit if you are traveling with kids. However, it is not easy to get around comfortably as the cost of seeing most attractions are usually higher than your budget can allow. For example, you need to shell out somewhere near $100 for a one-day trip to Disney World if traveling alone. Many would not find it affordable if they are in Orlando on a family vacation.
It makes sense to plan well before you take the flight and do accordingly. You need to take into account the cost of traveling to Orlando, hotel and dining charges and transportation cost. Everybody has to take into account these no matter where he or she is heading for, you might argue. In Orlando, however, you need to spend a lot while visiting theme parks and doing things at these places. Here you need some tips to lower your overall cost of traveling to Orlando.
1. Start planning very early and save money for things that you would like to do in Orlando. For example, you can look for a travel deal and save a great amount of money on flight booking. You can opt for a cost-saving holiday package if it meets your expectations or get your trip tailor-made by an experienced travel agent.
2. The prices are usually higher during the peak season, so avoid traveling during that time if you can’t afford.
3. Try to find an inexpensive place near Disney World and stay there for the entire length of your vacation. The first advantage is that you would be staying very close to the most popular attraction in Orlando. Secondly, if you choose to stay at Disney, then you would have free access to almost everywhere in the city with the monorail and shuttle system.
4. If you are lucky enough you can find discount coupons as well for Disney World and other theme parks in Orlando. Search online or ask a grocery store in the city. This will help you save a good sum of money.
5. You need to think carefully when you intend to buy passes for the popular theme parks. It makes sense to stay longer so as to keep down the average cost of visiting these places. If you intend to come again within a year, then you can go for an annual pass instead. It is also a possibility to buy a pass with no expiration, so you can use it whenever you come back to Orlando.
6. Disney World Resort is spread in a vast area and it is not possible to see attractions of all theme parks in a single day. Three are four theme parks – Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. In addition to these, two water parks, namely Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach, and several other attractions can also be found out in this resort.
7. Give priority to Magic Kingdom and spend maximum time here with kids. Next you can go to either Epcot or Animal Kingdom, or both if time permits. Hollywood Studios has the least number of attractions suitable for kids.
8. Consider visiting to other interesting places besides Disney World. Sea World is an exciting destination with lots of attractions that can get you wet. Make it a point to bring a change of clothes if you plan to see this attraction as well during your vacation.
9. Universal Studios is another fascinating destination to visit with kids. The theme parks are aptly designed to suit the interest of young children. Woody Woodpecker’s Kidzone is a popular kid area in Universal Studios.
Save your time and money with a good tour itinerary. Remember to begin your hunt for a big deal by comparing several flights to Orlando. Then plan your tour and book the tickets for major theme parks in advance. Put away some money to buy Disney souvenirs as well for your kids. Make your journey a memorable experience with an intention to come back soon.