Top New York City Winter Outdoor Activities To Consider
When mentioning New York City, we are tempted to think solely about high sky scrapers and its status as a concrete jungle. While it is true that most of the great travel activities in the city are restricted to the indoors, this does not mean that you cannot take part in some really great outdoor activities that you would appreciate. With this in mind, here are some that you may want to consider right now.
New York Harbor – Winter Wildlife Cruise
This is a winter cruise that allows you to spy on many birds and animals like seals, all while surrounded by really great conditions. You can see some top attractions of the city, like the renowned Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge, Governors Island and Ellis Island, while travelling towards Lower Manhattan. You will be serviced by a naturalist guide that aids you to spot sandpipers, loons, geese and many migratory birds. The afternoon cruise is relaxing and perfect for wildlife lovers.
- View some of the top attractions in New York City
- Get to see harbor seals and many migratory birds
- The cruise is narrated by a guide that is a naturalist and associated with Aubodon
- Beverages and snacks available onboard for purchase
Central Park Ice Skating – Trump Rink
If you take a look at the reviews of winter attractions in New York City, you will notice this one having only positive mentions. This is quite rate. The Trump Rink Park (the old Wollman) gives you access to an ice skating experience that is truly wonderful.
You will be able to admire the skyline of the city as you will glide along the ice, surrounded by family, friends or the person you live. This rink was actually featured in many Hollywood movies and your admission includes entrance and ice skate rentals. Although sometimes it can be crowded, you will still love it.
- You get to go ice skating without leaving NYC
- The admission to Trump Rink Central park includes ice skate rental
- A guaranteed entrance whenever the rink is sold out
- Enjoy a truly magical atmosphere while admiring the stunning NYC skyline