Discovering United Kingdom- Make it a worthwhile venture
United Kingdom, or Britain is a place where you can enjoy your journey and make memorable experiences. The country’s principal tourist destination is London. Historical and scenic views make United Kingdom a leading country in tourism. Here are some places in United Kingdom for a worthwhile journey:
• Tower of London ( Her Majesty’s Royal Palace and Fortress). It was built over 900 years ago by William the Conqueror in 1078, it is one of the world’s most famous building. It served in history as a royal palace, prison , armory and a zoo.
• The Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, usually referred to as Kew Gardens, consists of 121 hectres of gardens and botanical glasshouses between Richmond and Kew in southwest London, England. Its attractions are as follows: Alpine House, Chokushi-Mon.
• London Eye, it was designed by David Marks and his wife Julia Barfield. It has an observation wheel which turns slow enough for the people to see the view well for a total of 30 minutes. With this structure the famous landmatks like Buckingham Paalace, St. Paul’s Cathedral and the Houses of Parliament can be seen.
• Stonehenge, it is the most symbolic site in United kingdom. It was built five thousand years ago without knowing the reason why it was built.• The Roman Baths, it was constructed by the Romans two thousand years ago. It is patronized an visited because of its hot springs.
• The Royal Pavilion, it is located sea-side and built for King George IV. It has a quite resemblance with an Indian palace on its exterior design but for the inner design it is Chinese influenced.
• Dublin Zoo, it is Ireland’s biggest zoo, consist of 24 hectares of phoenix park.
• Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridgem, here you can watch seabirds fulmars, kittywakes, and guillermots wheel and dive below . It is connected to the main roas through a short coatal footpath, which allows a perfect view of the beautiful sceneries.
• Craggaunowen, the living past. It is located at Quin, Clare. It was restored by an art historian named John Hunt. It includes a ring fort , a reproduction of a farmer’s house , an Iron- age roadway, , and an outdoor cooking site or “Fulacht Fiadh”.
• Cliffs of Moher, located at Ireland . From here you can see amazing views from the Cliffs of Aran Islands, Galway Bay; the twelve Pins and Maum Turk Mountains.
• Guinness Storehouse, located at St. James Gate Brewery in Dublin. Here you can see the ingredients of beer, water, barley, hops, and yeasts. Its founder is Arthur Guinness. Other floors show the history of the place and the Guinness brewery. On the other floors visitors can take a shot of the beer products.
• Dromore Wood, can be found near Ennis. It has diverse and rich species of plants and animals . It is a place where you can unwind and appreciate the real beauty of nature.
• Doolin Garden and Nursery, can be seen near Doolin, here you can see favorite plants like Astrantias, Heucheras, Lysimachias, Euphorbias, Perovskia, Geraniums, Scabiosas, Sisyrinchiums, Daisies and now Roses .
• Westminster Abbey, located behind St. Paul’s cathedral London. It is where Kate Middleton and his husband became couple.
• Windermere Boat Cruises, Bowness. It is the most famous tourist spot in Cumbria. It is the largest natural lake in Britain . Here you can experience boating while appreciating the beauty of God’s creation.
• Flamingo Land Theme Park and Zoo, Yorkshire. It is called Flamingo Land because graceful pink birds inhabits the zoo.