Bungee jumping in Pennsylvania is much more interesting than what many expect. You do need training and equipment and you actually have to be registered with a company or a jumping club in the state in order to be able to jump. Obviously, some options for tourists do exist but still, there are various facts that you have to know before the jump.
Operators In Pennsylvania
There are various interesting companies like Luxurgy, Adrenalin Dreams and Over The Edge Adventures. They offer jumps, training and will take care of safety for all the people that will jump. You can contact them in order to get the training that is necessary for success.
Getting Ready For The First Pennsylvania Jump
You will need to be accustomed to harnesses and have some training before the first jump. There will always be a trainer near you when you jump for the first time in Pennsylvania, no matter what past experience you have. There are various ways to jump and you can learn about them all, ranging from twists and spins to head first.
Related: Best Camping Spots In Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania Bungee Jumping Advantages
There are so many interesting and quite high bridges that you can take advantage of in the state. They range in height from 100 to 300 feet in most situations. What is interesting is that bungee jumping near these bridges is a delight due to the scenic locations. Jumping operators will only choose those bridges that offer safety and great foliage. During the winter months you can love jumping even more since this is a little rare and not always available. Some of the most popular bungee jumping spots in Pennsylvania include:
- Stoney Creek – 175 feet
- Rubbles Run – 229 feet
- Buffalo – 300 feet
- Ohiopyle – 110 feet
- East branch Viaduct – 130 feet
- Moshannon Viaduct – 112 feet
Safety Regulations In Pennsylvania
There are various different safety regulations that have to be respected and that are imposed by the US Occupational Safety And Health Administration and the Pennsylvania government. Such regulations mean that those that plan to go bungee jumping in the state will need to go through training, in-class training and instructions, together with location training so that safety is guaranteed. Cord bas to be bound to legs and full body harnesses are actually obligatory for first jumps.
Bungee Jumping In Pennsylvania For The First Time?
Is this the first time you are bungee jumping in Pennsylvania? If so, you should prepare for the experience. There are things that will make the experience better. Some of the best tips that anyone can offer you about bungee jumping include:
- Lead from the front – This means that you need to get over your fear of heights. Just one step is needed. Unfortunately, if you wait a long time until you take that leap, it will be more and more difficult to actually jump.
- Jump before the countdown – You will go through a countdown. 1, 2, 3 and jump. However, what you want to do is to jump before the end of the countdown. If you do finish the count, there is a good possibility you will not jump.
- Never look down – If you make such a mistake, there is a pretty good possibility that everything will seem way too scary. There are two options to consider: close your eyes or simply look right in front before you jump.
- Trust and listen to the instructors – The jump instructor goes through a lot of training. He/she knows everything about the experience and the unique aspects of bungee jumping from the considered Pennsylvania location. You should trust the instructors with your life as they are there to protect you.
- Wear really comfortable clothes – Wear clothes like pants, shorts, t-shorts and singlets. You should never wear high heels, a dress or a skirt. In most cases, you are allowed to jump with shoes or bare foot.
- Do not overheat – It is always better to jump when you have an empty stomach. This is so much better than just puking.
- Do not carry valuables – You should never take your camera, mobile phone or jewelry with you. You are simply not allowed to.
- Read what you sign – If you want to go bungee jumping in Pennsylvania, you will be asked to sign a document. It includes really important details because you are not allowed to jump in the event that you have chronic disorders like a back ache or heart problems.